Saturday, May 1, 2010

Sometimes you have to look for it

I seem to find so many reasons to feel joy. When I spend time with friends who are struggling and unhappy, I want so much to put my arms around them and give them a portion of the joy I feel. I guess sometimes I think I could spare a little if it would help someone else. But you can't live on borrowed joy. And so my wish is that each of us can recognize the good, the gifts, and the love in our lives. It's not easy, but if we spent as much time and energy on what was right in our lives as we do on what's not, we'd have room for a little more joy. I've realized a lot of things lately. One of the most important is this:

If you're not happy when you don't get what you want, you're never going to be happy when you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment