Sunday, January 24, 2010

Getting ahead

This semester I am determined to learn a ton and minimize stress. Felt pretty good when Friday night hit. I had spent some time doing some extra training with my stage managers, and it felt so good to see them feeling confident. I got a jump start on my homework and worked two weeks ahead on the readings for one of my classes. So when I woke up sick today, sneezing and runny nose everywhere, I was so relieved I had worked ahead. I'm pretty much ready for class for the next two weeks and can take a deep breath and relax knowing I have one less thing to worry about. Now if I take a sick day tomorrow and don't go in to work, the building might implode. Hey, you can't win everything. But you can celebrate the small wins. And getting ahead in the right way is definitely a cause for celebration.

No comments:

Post a Comment