Monday, January 18, 2010

Making in personal

I have some really good friends, many that I greatly admire. Last night I was reminded of some of the truly amazing qualities they possess. I come across people who love to express love for other people, and at times, it can seem a little impersonal when you hear them say the say little quaint phrases to everyone. But when it becomes personal, when someone expresses appreciation for who you are in a specific and personal way, not just posted on a Facebook wall for everyone to see, but face to face, expressing gratitude for the way you look at life, or your optimism, or your ability to show love and encouragement, or to just listen when someone needs a friend, it really does bring a little sunshine into your heart. And so I thank you generally for your ability to thank specifically, with a renewed resolve to do more to seek out the good in others and to thank them for it.

2 comments:

  1. Your blog title no longer bothers me (for those of you don't know me, that's a compliment of monumental proportions), and I thoroughly enjoy reading it.

    Not only are you a person who appreciates the little things, you're also a person who appreciates people who appreciate the little things. And that's no small matter. =)

    (Posted for all to see.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) Aw Kevin, that's the nicest thing you ever said to me.

    ReplyDelete